Ported number, but I get no texts and can't gift data?

Options
MGSayah
MGSayah Posts: 6 ✭✭
I ported my number from Rogers to Fizz about 2 weeks ago, but I can't do many things:
- I don't receive any SMS from any carrier other than from numbers associated to other Fizz customers (I can however send SMS and they'll receive it.)
- I can't gift/receive data, it gives me an error message saying: "This member cannot receive gifts because they do not have a mobile data plan."
- I don't have any option in the section "manage my plan", other than "Wallet" and "Add User"... which means that can't buy add-on, change my address, add travel plans, change SIM card, change the payment method, change the phone number, etc...
I've contacted Fizz customer support via FB Messenger and have been following up with them for the past two weeks. But I still have no resolution and no response other than "we'll contact you via email when we have updates".

Answers

• MGSayah
    MGSayah Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    How can someone be on a pay-as-you-go anyways? I was charged the whole monthly fee.
    Also for the gifting of data, I do have data (16gb), but people get an error message when they try to send me data "This member cannot receive gifts because they do not have a mobile data plan." Something isn't right.
  • Dallaire_M
    Dallaire_M Posts: 509 ✭✭
    Options
    Do you have an iPhone George S. ?
    If yes, try to upgrade to the latest iOS, update APN settings and desactivate iMessages.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    Porting failed.
    Please visit https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues, wait a few seconds until you see the green bubble on bottom right, click it and start chat
This discussion has been closed.