Changing Fizz router LAN IP to 10.1.1.1 causes major issues

Miles
Miles Posts: 5 ✭✭
I've just moved to Fizz internet and wanted to reconfigure the router to match my home setup which is basically a NAS and a raspberry pi.
The NAS has a static IP of 10.1.1.2 and my Rpi has a lot of media pointing to the nas via this IP.
I've found that after change the LAN IP from 192.168.0.1 to 10.1.1.1, the modem reboots and reconnects me and all is good for about a minute but then the web interface starts dying and internet connectivity starts dropping out. Then wifi stops working altogether and I have to use a cable to log into the router and do a factory reset. Before I reset it, I noticed ping TTL unusually high when connected via cable, it's like the modem's CPU is maxing out or there's a network loop or something.
Anyone come across this? Seems very odd. I fear I'll have to leave it on the 192.168.0.x subnet and rebuild my library :(

Answers

• Miles
    The modem is the only DHCP server and this happens with the rpi and NAS unplugged, so no, it's not DHCP.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Use 10.10.10.1 will be fine.
  • Miles
    I haven't tried a different IP, no. I might try tomorrow just to see if the issue is related to that specific IP. I can't use 10.10.10.x as I work from home and vpn to a remote site that uses that subnet,
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    If you have your own router that is configured with 10.1.1.1 address and everything works fine then you can use it instead.
  • I received my modem yesterday, and I have a similar setup, first thing I did was to change to 10.0.1.1 and surprise, the whole interface started to feel laggy and the modem started to reboot randomly, and the wifi would disconnect and connect annoyingly.
    I had to unplug it and reconnect my old provider/router because I needed it to do some work.
    Then I came here this morning and read I was not alone. After reading this, now I realize there is something going on with Fizz modem/router. I will try tonight many combinations, but if am not successful, I will just leave my setup as is, putting fizz modem on top and disabling the wifi
    (Fizz 192 no wifi) => (asus 10 wifi 2.4 & 5.0) => (lan devices)
This discussion has been closed.