What is a subscription area?

Options
computergirl
computergirl Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi.

I created an account and I am wanting to get a mobile plan for my tablet. I have searched my address on the map and it tells me there is coverage but it is outside the subscription area. What does this mean? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options

From Fizz FAQ: The subscription area is the area where you must live to be a Fizz subscriber.

• computergirl
    Options

Does this mean that I can not get a mobile plan with Fizz?

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @computergirl ,

That's correct. If you are not in the coverage area you won't be able to subscribe to Fizz.

In fact you will be able and use the service on Fizz EXT and after 3 months you will be disconnect because you can't be more than 3 months on Fizz EXT signal.

Good Luck

• Seani
    Seani Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz , same as Videotron , is Quebec + Ottawa mobile company. It's a local mobile provider , provincial wide provider.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Not relevant.

There is difference between SUBSCRIPTION area and COVERAGE. You're talking about the coverage.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @computergirl ,

Was it helpful?

don’t forget to close that question!

Have a nice day!

• roch-andre
    roch-andre Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Options

You need to be in Ottawa or Quebec region

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Yep, so you need to live in the subscription area to be able to sign up for the service, which means that you need to be in the Ottawa region or Quebec. This is the 'home network' of fizz. The rest ist the Fizz EXT. If you are using you service for more than three months mainly outside the subscription area, Fizz has the right to cancel your subscription. Although this is done on a case by case basis.

• computergirl
    Options

Thank you everyone for answering this question. It is really disappointing that the Internet and mobile are not available for us because we are not in the right area. It is super hard to find somewhere that has coverage in our area that is not super expensive or does not require a tech to come in the house for the Internet. I guess we need to cancel our account, lose the points we earned and move on. :(

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Look at this website, someone did a good job mapping provider antennas (cells) . It could help you find the best provider in your area. Remember Fizz uses Videotron's services.

Also, don't forget to close this thread if you found satisfaction. 😏

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.